Ophcrack is a Windows password cracker based on rainbow tables. It is a very efficient implementation of rainbow tables done by the inventors of the method. It comes with a GTK+ Graphical User Interface and runs on Windows, Mac OS X (Intel CPU) as well as on linux
* » Runs on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X (intel).
* » Cracks LM and NTLM hashes.
* » Free tables available for alphanumeric LM hashes.
* » Loads hashes from local SAM, remote SAM.
* » Loads hashes from encrypted SAM recovered from a Windows partition.
There is another ophcrack version called LiveCD. The liveCD cracks passwords automatically, no installation necessary, no admin password necessary (as long as you can boot from cd). I’d recommend you to use LiveCD to crack Windows password so you don’t need to install anything or require any admin login.
How to run Ophcrack LiveCD?
1. Download Ophcrack LiveCD from the link below.
2. Burn the .ISO file on a CD
3. Boot the computer from CD
4. Follow the instruction on screen
That’s all! It’s that easy to crack a Windows account’s password and gain access to it. Let me advice you that it’s wrong to illegally gain access to a system without permission. If you’re caught doing that, you can end up in jail.
Documentation : Ridhars Blogspot